Treasury Management Services
Mountain West Bank Treasury Management Services can help your business to improve cash flow, streamline payables, manage liquidity and mitigate unnecessary risk exposure.
INFORMATION REPORTING SERVICES
Business Online Banking
Online banking is one of the easiest and most convenient ways to do your business banking.
Online Banking for your business makes it easy to conveniently transfer funds between accounts and stay on top of your accounts by viewing current transactions, seeing actual images of checks and deposit slips.
- Access your statements from up to 12 months ago
- Download account information to most money management software, word processing document or even a spreadsheet
- Easily and conveniently make loan payments
- Set up email/text alerts
- Direct Connect with QuickBooks
- Order checks and much more!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Business Mobile Banking
Take your banking needs anywhere! It’s safe, secure and ready to use whenever and wherever you need it, anywhere you have Internet access.
Online Banking makes it easy to:
- Conveniently transfer funds between accounts
- Stay on top of your accounts by viewing current transactions, seeing actual images of checks and deposit slips
- Access bank statements from up to 12 months ago
- Easily and conveniently make loan payments
- Mobile Deposit - Tap.Snap. Deposit.
- Pay Bills
- Set up email/text alerts
- Frequently asked questions
Stay clutter free for a fast, efficient and convenient way to review your statements and canceled checks online at any time, day or night.
To receive eStatements, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. Once enrolled, simply login and click the eStatements tab to enroll your accounts today.
Direct deposit makes payday simple for your employees. No more heading out to deposit or cash their paychecks – It’s already in their accounts.
- Because there is only one debit to your business account at end of the month, there are no payroll checks for your accounting department to reconcile
- Your business will use far fewer checks, and you no longer need to sign all of those paychecks
- You won’t need to reissue checks or place stop payments on lost payroll checks
Business Bill Pay
When you’re in business, saving time is saving money. That’s why we created Business Bill Pay services that help your business save money by eliminating things that take time—like bill preparation and check writing. With Business Bill Pay, you can pay expenses quickly and easily online.
- Track payment history and account balances
- Set up and manage recurring payments
- Make person-to-person and bank-to-bank payments
- Pay individuals electronically by simply sending them an email/text message
- Receive alerts when bills are due via text, email, or both
- View a Demo
- Frequently Asked Questions
Domestic Wire Transfers
- Send wires anywhere within the United States
- Dual Control available giving your business the opportunity to separate authority
- All with no additional hardware or software
ACH Origination can also be used to pay your bills to other third parties such as vendors and suppliers or customers. It eliminates paper checks and provides a more efficient way to manage bill payments.
ACH Debit Payments
Examples of recurring payments could include monthly utilities, fitness club dues or other memberships, property management fees, donations, and other continuing payments.
- Your payments arrive on their due dates
- You have immediate access to funds
- Eliminates the need to send out additional notices or pay collection fees
Remote Deposit Capture
With Remote Deposit you can now scan, image, and deposit your checks electronically which eliminates a trip to the bank. Additional benefits include:
- Speed, savings, convenience and security
- No need to purchase, install or maintain software
- Improve efficiency and profitability
Make processing easy. RemitPlus Express is a hosted, full-feature remittance solution that lets business banking customers process checks, payment vouchers, stubs, envelopes, correspondence, and coupons.
- Supports desktop/TWAIN scanners of up to 190 documents per minute
• No software to install (other than scanner drivers)
- Supports more than 80 billing and accounting systems
- With advanced character recognition, reads and stores amounts, endorses checks, and saves selected identifiers from the coupons – whether freeform, handwritten, barcode, or OCR – significantly reducing errors generated through manual entry
- With an intuitive user interface, users are clicks away from scanning, entry, balancing, depositing, and exporting to virtually any billing system directly from their internet browser
SmartPay Express makes it easier for small businesses, nonprofits and other organizations to accept online payments or donations. It’s an ideal option for businesses looking to expand their revenue stream without access to or a need for shopping cart functionality.
- Provides a secure, hosted payment acceptance portal that can be custom-branded for any small business or nonprofit organization
- Requires minimal amount of technical setup to link from an existing website
- Allows processing of a variety of payment types: single or recurring payments from a checking or savings account or even a debit or credit card
- Permits your customers to view information about past payments or donations
FRAUD PROTECTION SERVICES
Check Positive Pay
Protect your company against costly check fraud with our Positive Pay service. Each check presented for payment will be compared against checks you have issued, and we will notify you of any mismatches. You can view mismatches or exceptions online and direct us to pay or return items — all before any funds are exchanged.
- Reduce Potential Losses Due to Check Fraud — Positive Pay helps protect against altered and counterfeit checks by providing you the opportunity to return checks within the required 24-hour deadline
- Make Pay or Return Decisions with Confidence — See actual images of exception items via Online Banking so you can quickly and easily determine the correct disposition of any checks with discrepancies
- Funds Stay under Your Control — Timely return decisions allow funds to remain in your account, avoiding delays and the risk of loss associated with late returns
Like Positive Pay, Automated Clearing House (ACH) Blocks and Filters provides you with the tools to proactively prevent unauthorized transactions on your account.
- ACH Transaction Blocks and Filters involves maintaining a list of ACH transactions that you've "pre-authorized" that the system will compare and verify.
- Depending on your instructions for ACH Blocks, ACH debits and/or credits will be automatically stopped from unexpectedly settling against your account and returned to the initiator as unauthorized.
- With ACH Filters, only originators with certain company IDs that you specify will be able to post ACH transactions to your account, while all others will be returned automatically.
Secure Tokens provide a one-time-use password entry into the online banking system. Because the code on the token is required each time the user accesses the online banking system and the code changes every minute, the user must have access to the code in order to access their accounts. Secure tokens are a very secure option that significantly reduces the risk of an unauthorized user accessing your account.
Mountain West Bank's online banking system offers many email alert options. Cash Management customers receive an email alert when an ACH Batch or Wire is initiated. We highly recommend having a minimum of 3 online banking users established to receive these alerts, and to notify the bank immediately if the ACH entry or Wire appears suspicious.
ACH and Wire initiation dual control can be established to require one person to input the ACH batch or wire and a second person required to initiate.
- ACH Users - Dual control is specific to each function. For example, a specific user can be set up to work with ACH batches. This is the person who can create and/or edit the batch. Another specific user is then set up to only be able to initiate already created batches. Users can be set up to create/edit and initiate batches, with limitations that the user cannot create/edit and initiate the same batch.
- Wire Users - Dual control functionality with wires has more options. This can be set at the Wire company level, allowing any wire user to create and any other wire user to initiate the wires. We also have the ability to further lock down this access at an individual wire user level, only allowing either the wire creation functionality or initiation functionality to that specific user.
An IP address is a designated address given to an internet connection. Much like your home's street address an IP address designates your location on the internet. An example of an IP address would be 192.168.0.0. Mountain West Bank can restrict access to your online account session to a particular IP address. Full, partial or a range or IP addresses can be set up. If someone tries to login to the online banking system and they are connecting through and IP other than one we have enabled, access to the online system will be denied.
Mountain West Bank can restrict access to the online banking system to particular days and times per Cash Management user. If a user attempts to log in and the day or time does not match what is enabled, they will be presented with a message that they cannot login.
SWEEP MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Zero Balance Account
Manage the disbursement process with Zero Balance Accounts. Transfer money from the funding account automatically to cover disbursement made on the Zero Balance Account. Manage funds in one special purpose account conveniently.
Investment Sweep (REPO)
The Investment Sweep is a cash management tool that automatically transfers funds between your checking account and a Repurchase Agreement on a daily basis. Excess funds over a specified sweep point are swept from the checking account and invested. As funds are needed, invested balances are decreased and funds swept back into the checking account. This tool allows commercial customers to earn interest on excessive balances in their checking account.
- Not insured by the FDIC
- Not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, the Bank
- Subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principle amount invested
A Loan Sweep provides an automated method of managing excess funds with a Line of Credit. Excess funds over a specified sweep point are swept from the checking account to pay down the loan. A loan advance will automatically occur if the checking account balance falls below the established sweep point.
A MultiSweep is a combination of the Loan Sweep and Investment Sweep products. Commercial customers can sweep excessive funds to a Line of Credit and an Investment Sweep simultaneously. Excessive funds are first swept to the Loan up to an established limit; additional funds are swept to the Investment account. As funds are needed, invested balances are drawn from the Investment Sweep, then advanced from the Line of Credit.